Postpartum Doula Care
Postpartum Services Include:
As a Postpartum Doula, I offer physical and emotional support to the new mother, partner and her family, by ensuring a smooth transition into parenthood. I'm there to help you establish a solid routine, to listen, comfort, and educate. Research shows women who are supported in the postpartum period have a reduction in postpatum depression, breastfeed longer and adjust to parenthood more quickly.
Basic postpartum package:
- Assistance with all newborn care (diapering, bathing, burping, swaddling, soothing, basic hygiene)
- Lactation support
- Emotional support for stressed and anxious parents
- Helping to organize household schedules
- Family adjustment strategies (especially beneficial with older siblings)
- Light housework and meal preparations
- Teaching basic infant massage techniques (very useful for digestive upset)
- Helping to identify coping strategies to soothe a new baby
- Provide community resources (medical and social)
*As a doula, I do not perform any clinical tasks, or recommend any medications.
Cost: $180 for a 3 hour session
$465.00 for 9hours. ( 3 postpartum visits)
In our experience we find the greatest benefit for the family comes from 3 or more visits.
Basic postpartum package + 1 hour individualized yoga class
Basic package (3 hours) plus 1 hour yoga session focusing on:
- Core and abdominal strengthening
- Pelvic floor strengthening
- Hip openers
- Tight shoulders and back
- Sore wrists
- Relaxation techniques
A one hour infant massage visit that focuses on teaching caregivers techniques to help baby with digestion, body awarenes, bonding.
Small group or private classes are available. We will discuss labour, birth, baby care and breastfeeding. Hands-on techniques, hand outs, birth videos and labour practice are included.
60 minute breastfeeding support
$40 for a 30 minute telephone consultation.
** All prices do not include 13% HST